Pfizer Virtual Advisory Board
Dates: Wednesday, January 12, 2022 OR Thursday, January 13, 2022. Maximum 3 hours afternoon/early evening EST.
Topic: Virtual US Advisory Board to gain insights and feedback on:
1. Management of Relapsed/ Refractory Multiple Myeloma from the pharmacist perspective: treatment decisions, patient education, therapy management and adverse event monitoring, and continuity of care
2. Utilization management of current and emerging therapies in Relapsed/ Refractory Multiple Myeloma and incorporation of novel subcutaneously administered therapeutic in future formularies/ pathways
3. Distribution and inventory management practices and transition of care considerations
4. Ways that Pfizer can support Relapsed/ Refractory Multiple Myeloma patients and their multidisciplinary healthcare teams
Advisors will receive an honorarium.
Disease Specific Criteria: Relapsed/ Refractory Multiple Myeloma
Volunteers Requested: 8
Specialty Pharmacist working with Oral Chemotherapy
The application deadline for submissions is November 10, 2021.
The Oral Chemotherapy Collaborative leads Oral Chemotherapy related HOPA efforts. Focus includes shared research opportunities, patient and clinician education, advocacy, and strategic partnerships and leadership opportunities within the oral chemotherapy space.
The Oral Chemotherapy Collaborative is currently seeking a specialty pharmacist to join the committee to participate in our work in supporting pharmacists to improve care for patients taking oral chemotherapy/oral anti-cancer agents. We will be conducting interviews and developing a survey to understand a variety of practices where oral chemotherapy is supported across the United States.
Chemotherapy Stewardship Workgroup
The application deadline for submissions is November 12, 2021.
The Chemotherapy Stewardship workgroup is seeking volunteers to assist with survey development for dissemination to HOPA membership and serve as contributors for a HOPA white paper on chemotherapy stewardship. Oncology treatment costs have continued to rise with the approval of novel therapies such as CAR-T products and increasing complexity of care. Chemotherapy Stewardship can optimize patient outcomes by improving resource utilization and as a cost savings measure. This white paper would summarize the current landscape of chemotherapy stewardship and identify opportunities for oncology pharmacists to develop chemotherapy stewardship programs. The time commitment is anticipated to be 1 year with work focused on survey development and dissemination in the Fall and Winter of 2021 and white paper development in the Spring and Summer of 2022. Volunteers will participate in monthly conference calls (frequency may vary depending on need), assist with survey creation, white paper composition, and review of the white paper developed.
National Student Group
The application deadline for submissions is November 8, 2021.
The National Student Group Committee is seeking volunteers to develop programming, events, networking, and scholarship opportunities by HOPA student members for HOPA student members. The committee will consist HOPA student members with the guidance of HOPA Full Members. Read more about eligibility and requirements here.
HOPA is looking for volunteers to serve on committees. For additional information and the time commitment associated with each committee, please click here.
- HOPA member in good standing
- General knowledge about HOPA’s strategic plan and priorities
- Ability to attend calls and meetings
- Ability to meet deadlines
Note: Volunteers will be contacted prior to the start of new committee terms on June 1, 2021.
Contributor to HOPA Newsletter
HOPA is looking for contributors to the newsletter.
- HOPA member in good standing
Note: Volunteers will be contacted when HOPA receives specific requests.
Advisory Board – Bristol Myers Squibb
Proposed Date, Start Time and Duration of Advisory Board:
- Late April/Early May, 1pm-5pm or 4pm-8pm (specific date/time may be adjusted to best accommodate participants) 2-4 hours
Number of Participants requested:
General topic/purpose (disease process addressed):
- Gain insights on current use of Bristol-Myers Squibb products and combinations from pharmacy staff
- Identify factors impacting patient’s adherence with therapies
Disease specific criteria (if applicable):
- Experience with any of the following: Opdivo, Yervoy, Reblozyl, Inrebic, Onureg
Patient-management criteria and/or Product-management criteria:
- Experience with any of the the following: Lung cancer, renal cell carcinoma, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, esophageal cancer, gastric cancer, hepatocellular carcinoma, melanoma, head and neck cancers, acute myeloid leukemia, myelodysplastic syndromes, or myelofibrosis
ACCC Advisory Board
Mentoring and Peer to Peer Networking Opportunities
Disease States: HER2 positive breast cancer and NSCLC
Description: This program will engage small groups of clinicians to gather in virtual meetings. Practitioners will collaborate with one another and receive mentoring from experts. Participants can receive 1.0 CPE credits to participate in this initiative. We are recruiting group leaders (honorarium provided) and participants. Enroll as a group leader—and encourage your colleagues to join as participants. Or join an active group.