The HOPA Mentorship Program has been designed to allow 5 practitioners to improve their professional competency and leadership skills through the identification of areas of development and continued growth in areas of personal strength and organizational leadership. The program will be offered annually to promising, early- career professionals in the hematology oncology pharmacy field. This 6- month program represents a bridge between senior leaders in hem/onc pharmacy and up and coming hem/onc pharmacists.
The 2023 program will be 6 months in length from Annual Conference 2023 to Practice Management 2023. Application will open in late October.
Qualified mentees will meet the following requirements:
- Active listening skills
- Enthusiasm for professional development
- Receptiveness to coaching
- In practice for at least three years (PGY2 year may be included)
- Completion of an application form, including 2 Letters of recommendation and a current CV
- Current HOPA Membership and Updated demographic information
- Meet at least monthly with assigned mentor and participate in HOPA activities with my mentor
- Attend 2023 HOPA Annual Conference and Practice Management meeting with potential presenting opportunity (Travel expenses will be covered by HOPA in accordance to its policies and guidelines)
- Participate in training that will include background reading and an orientation webinar
Diversity In the HOPA Mentorship Program:
We believe our Mentorship program can improve diversity in leadership by identifying areas of personal strength and organizational leadership, establishing career paths for diverse demographics, developing a network within their discipline, and providing a mentor to help identify and improve their leadership skills and acquire the knowledge necessary for advancement. Candidates that identify as diverse based on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical disability, age, or who otherwise self-identify as diverse are strongly encouraged to apply for the program.
Letters of Recommendation:
Applicants will provide contact information for 2 recommenders on the application. HOPA staff will send the letter of recommendation form to recommenders to complete no later than December 9, 2022.
- Deadline for Mentee applications: Nov. 30 2022
- Deadline for letters of recommendation: Dec. 9, 2022
- Mentee/Mentor match: January/February 2023
- Complete pre-survey: March 2023
- Orientation webinar for Mentees and Mentors: March 2023
- Program kick off at the Annual Conference: March 29-April 1, 2023
- Program conclusion at Practice Management 2023: Fall 2023
- Post Survey/Feedback: October 2023