Are you a pharmacist new to hematology/oncology and ready to advance your career?
Is your institution looking for the most up-to-date, comprehensive educational program that sets pharmacists up for success in oncology pharmacy?
Then you need the HOPA Core Competency Certificate Program.
Fundamental Education for Pharmacists New to Oncology Pharmacy
- Learn about various treatment options, chemotherapy safety, chemotherapy admixture, pharmacology and chemotherapy toxicity, and prevention/management
- Earn up to 14.5 CE hours
- Be deemed competent to practice in oncology pharmacy upon completion of the program
Fundamental Education for Institutions
The Core Competency Certificate Program is the ideal solution for Institutions looking to provide oncology education for their staff pharmacists or non-clinical professionals. With purchase of institutional licenses, learners will get access to the most current materials as information is updated on a regular basis.
- 2020 Core Competency Module 1: Basic Oncology Pharmacology – 2 hours
- 2020 Core Competency Module 2: Evaluation of Chemotherapy Orders and Initial Patient Assessment – 0.75 hour
- 2020 Core Competency Module 3: Monitoring and Modifying Cancer Treatment Care Plans – 2 hours
- 2020 Core Competency Module 4: Calculating Appropriate Doses of Anticancer Medications for Hematology/Oncology Patients – 0.5 hour
- 2020 Core Competency Module 5: Effective Patient Education – 1 hour
- 2020 Core Competency Module 6: Designing and Implementing Supportive Care Plans – 1.5 hours
- 2020 Core Competency Module 7: Extravasation: When Chemotherapy Misses the Mark – 0.5 hour
- 2020 Core Competency Module 8: Value Based Frameworks in Oncology – 1.25 hours
- 2020 Core Competency Module 9: Medication Procurement – 1 hour
- 2020 Core Competency Module 10: Billing and Reimbursement – 1 hour
- 2020 Core Competency Module 11: Safe Handling of Hazardous Drugs – 1 hour
- 2020 Core Competency Module 12: Investigational Drug Principles – 2 hours
The pricing of the Institutional License depends on the HOPA membership status of the person placing the order and the number of seats being ordered per this chart:
|Core Competency Institutional License|
|Small (2-9 units)||Large (10+ units)|
- Please note, pricing is by order. If you place an order for 8 units now at one price, you cannot add to it and expect all of the units to have a price drop. You will simply need to place a new order and the pricing of that new order will depend on the number of units on that order and the membership status of the person placing the order.
- Once placed, the order is priced accordingly. Please consider your membership status or changing your membership status prior to placing the order.
Examples of how the pricing will work:
- If the person ordering the institutional license for their work site is a HOPA member, then the rate for everyone on that order will be at the member level. So, if Ping is a member and places an order for 12 pharmacists at his institution, all 12 of the orders will be priced at $300 regardless of the HOPA member status of the pharmacists on the order.
- If the person ordering the institutional license for their work site is NOT a HOPA member, then the rate for everyone on that order will be at the nonmember level. So, if Shayna is NOT a member and places an order for 12 pharmacists at her institution, then all of the 12 orders will be priced at $440, regardless of the HOPA member status of the pharmacists on the order.
Once placed, the order is priced accordingly. Please consider your membership status prior to placing the order.
To purchase this program for your institution, complete this order form and email it as an attachment to Member Services.
This on-demand module requires a computer and a reliable internet connection.
The Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association (HOPA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. A statement of credit will be issued only upon completion of the post-activity evaluation form and post-test. ACPE credit must be claimed by May 26, 2023.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
The Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association (HOPA) assesses conflict of interest with its instructors, planners, managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of CE activities. All relevant conflicts of interest that are identified are thoroughly vetted by HOPA for fair balance, scientific objectivity of studies utilized in this activity, and patient care recommendations. HOPA is committed to providing its learners with high-quality CE activities and related materials that promote improvements of quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.
Thank you to the HOPA task force that helped develop and implement this new HOPA educational program: Megan May (Chair), Jacky Olin (Vice Chair), Carolyn Bondarenka, Anne Mcdonnell, Judith Alberto, Michael Seabright, David DeRemer, Andrea Ledford, Debra Chibroski, and Tina Gegeckas.