Research Grant Announcement
2017 HOPA Research Fund Award
Announcement and Request for Proposals
The HOPA Research Committee announces a request for submission of letters of intent (LOIs) for the 2017 HOPA Research Award. The HOPA Research Committee will fund one to three grants based on the stated scope of work. A total of $100,000 in funding is available to be awarded to one to three grants in 2017 through a competitive peer-review process described below.
The individual award is intended to support a hematology/oncology pharmacy practice research project with subsequent publication that aligns closely with the HOPA strategic plan. Pharmacy practice is broadly defined including areas such as outcomes, surveys, patient safety, standards validation, and translational science applications. Multiple institutions may be involved in the project, and co-PI projects are allowed. The grant is open to all members of HOPA except standing members of the HOPA Research Committee and HOPA Board Members.
The HOPA research grants are intended to provide support for projects that are likely to result in facilitating the efforts of hematology/oncology pharmacists to optimize the care of individuals affected by cancer.
The HOPA Research Grant Review Panel will be comprised of individuals with expertise and familiarity in practice and research.
- The LOIs will be reviewed by members of the HOPA Research Committee Grant Panel and a decision regarding acceptance for development into a full grant proposal will be sent in late July. Concepts presented in the LOI that do not address stated objectives and/or criteria of the request for applications (RFA) will be returned with a letter of explanation and not considered further.
- The announcement of the awards will occur in late November 2017. All applicants will receive written feedback regarding review of their application.
- Click here for the Letter of Intent (LOI) format details.
- Here you can find a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
STRICT ADHERENCE TO THE INSTRUCTIONS IS NECESSARY OR THE PROPOSAL WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
- Funds will be released to the investigator in their entirety, contingent upon Institutional Review Board approval, unless stipulations are placed on the disbursement by the HOPA Committee Research Panel in its review of the application.
- The awardee is required to submit a report of progress every six months to Sarah Tiwana,
- The awardee is expected to present the results of their research at the HOPA annual meeting. This presentation is expected to occur no later than two years after the release of the research funds. The results of the study are expected to be submitted for publication in a peer-reviewed biomedical print or online journal. The Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association is to be acknowledged in any presentation or publication for its support of the research.
- There is no provision for indirect costs in this research grant. A travel budget is expected to be included in the proposal to allow the presentation of the results at the HOPA annual meeting. Additional travel funds should be justified in the context of the needs of the project. Capital equipment purchases are not allowed in this grant.
- All unused funds remaining from the grant 24 months after the disbursement must be returned to HOPA. The investigator may petition the HOPA Research Committee for an extension for use of the funds. This request for an extension must be made at least six months before the expiration of the grant.