HOPA’s Vision and Mission remain clear and strong and have not wavered since our inception. In January 2015, the HOPA Board of Directors, key stakeholders and staff met to conduct a comprehensive review of the HOPA Strategic Plan, which reflects four redevised core areas: Professional Development, Professional Resources and Tools, Research, and Advocacy. These focused goal areas identify where the association will direct its energy and resources in the next five years. A set of objectives for each area provides measurable direction in achieving these goals.
OUR VISION: All individuals affected by cancer have a hematology/oncology pharmacist as an integral member of their care team.
OUR MISSION: Support pharmacy practitioners and promote and advance hematology/oncology pharmacy to optimize the care of individuals affected by cancer.
2016-2020 HOPA Goals and Objectives
Goal Area: Professional Development
Develop hematology/oncology pharmacists to be valuable members of the cancer care team exceling within their institutions and their professions.
- Increase the breadth, depth and awareness of HOPA’s educational initiatives to meet the diverse needs of pharmacists practicing in hematology/oncology.
- Provide professional development opportunities that advance hematology/oncology pharmacists in leadership, research and advocacy.
- Implement innovative delivery channels to maximize access to HOPA’s professional development programs.
- Develop and implement a certification program.
Goal Area: Professional Resources and Tools
Provide the professional resources and tools needed to support hematology/oncology pharmacy across the cancer care continuum.
- Define, establish and develop a resource library for common practice challenges.
- Develop guidelines and practice standards.
- Develop competencies and assessment tools to meet the needs of the membership.
Goal Area: Research
Establish HOPA as a leader in research of hematology/oncology pharmacy intervention and impact.
- HOPA develops a research framework.
- Develop professional benchmarks for workforce metrics, quality improvement and professional practices.
- Foster collaborative outcomes research that demonstrates the efficacy of hematology/ oncology pharmacy.
- Expand research funding through alternative sources.
Goal Area: Advocacy
Advocate for the value of hematology/oncology pharmacy and be an influential voice for patient cancer care issues.
- Increase patient, public and professional awareness of the role and value of the hematology/oncology pharmacist.
- Increase HOPA member engagement in advocacy initiatives.
- Strengthen and develop alliances to influence safety, quality and access to care.