The Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association (HOPA) is pleased to offer reporters and other media professionals a variety of resources to assist with their efforts to gather facts and obtain information about hematology/oncology pharmacy.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Michaella Videka, Marketing Coordinator
About the Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association (HOPA)
Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association (HOPA) is a nonprofit, education-based organization formed in 2004 to help oncology and hematology pharmacy practitioners and their associates the best possible cancer care. HOPA supports research, provides education, encourages professional development and advocates for health policy issues that improve patient care. HOPA serves more than 3,000 members in the fields of oncology pharmacy, pharmacy administration, and research, and includes pharmacy residents, interns, and technicians specializing in hematology/oncology practice. HOPA’s mission is to support pharmacy practitioners and promote and advance hematology/oncology pharmacy to optimize the care of individuals affected by cancer.
We’ve also created the following educational resources regarding HOPA and hematology/oncology pharmacy:
- HOPA Fact Sheet
- HOPA Logo File
- Scope of the Hematology/Oncology Pharmacist I
- Further Defining the Scope of Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Practice
- HOPA Public Policy Issue Briefs
- 2017 HOPA Annual Report
- 2018-2019 HOPA Board of Directors
Please note: The reproduction or promotion of HOPA materials such as abstract data, posters, presentation slides, etc. requires first obtaining permission from the listed author(s) and/or presenter(s) as well as any individual or group that may hold copyright on the material. Please contact HOPA staff for assistance in obtaining the appropriate permission.
Recent Press Releases
- HOPA Announces 2018 Membership Award Winners at 14th Annual Conference
- HOPA Announces the 2018 Class of Fellows of the Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association
- Jeremy Whalen, PharmD BCOP, New HOPA Board Member at Large for 2018-2019 Term
- Sally Barbour, PharmD BCOP CPP FHOPA, New Board Secretary for the 2018-2019 Term
- Susanne Leiwer, PharmD BCOP FHOPA, New HOPA President-elect for 2018-2019 Term
- HOPA Announces New President, Ryan Bookout, PharmD BCOP BCPS
- HOPA is Proud to Share the JCPP Board of Governors Approval of the Revised Definition for Medication Management Therapy (MMT) to Medication Management Services (MMS)
- ACCC, HOPA, NCODA, and ONS Partner to Launch Oral Chemotherapy Education
- HOPA and Medscape Education Oncology Announce Partnership for Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Education
- CancerLinQ LLC Partners With Pharmacy Professionals
- New Toolkit Encourages Better Communication to Help Prevent Patients from Suffering in Silence Due to Chemotherapy-induced Nausea and Vomiting
- HOPA Announces 2017 Practice Management Program
- HOPA Announces 2017 Membership Award Winners at 13th Annual Conference, Anaheim, CA
- HOPA Announces the 2017 Class of Fellow of the Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association
- Larry Buie, PharmD BCOP FASHP, New HOPA Board Member at Large for 2017-2018 Term
- Ryan Bookout, PharmD BCOP BCPS, New HOPA President-elect for 2017-2018 Term
- HOPA Announces New President Susannah Koontz, PharmD BCOP FHOPA
- What It’s Like to be an Oncology Pharmacist | (Drug Topics) October 2018 – Executive Director, Michael Bourisaw, along with HOPA members discuss the role of the Oncology Pharmacist in cancer care.
- Pharmacists Support 10% Dose-Rounding of Anticancer Agents | (Journal of Clinical Pathways) February 2018 – Members of the HOPA Standards Committee comment on the new guideline for dose-rounding biologic and cytotoxic anticancer agents.
- The Evolving Role of Oncology Pharmacists | (The Oncology Pharmacist) August 2017 – Dr. Steve Stricker speaks with The Oncology Pharmacist about the importance of provider status, challenges oncology pharmacists face, and the most fulfilling part of his work.
- Board-Certified Oncology Pharmacists: Their Potential Contribution to Reducing a Shortfall in Oncology Patient Visits | (Journal of Oncology Pharmacy) March 2016 – Several HOPA members collaborate to demonstrate the ability for oncology pharmacists to help fill the gap during the projected shortage of oncologists.